The Alta X from FREEFLY is a modular quadcopter platform that can meet nearly any drone requirements you have. From RTK mapping to carrying heavy payloads, the Alta X can be combined with a variety of (optional) modules, payloads, and accessories. The Alta X frame comes equipped with four props and X9 motors, with each of the four propellers featuring FREEFLY’s ActiveBlade design. ActiveBlade tilts the blade in forward flight to help drastically reduce vibration.
The powerful X9 motors and propellers also help give the Alta X its strength. The Alta X can lift and fly payloads up to 35 lb while still maintaining a trust ratio of 1.9:1. With 35 lb of added gear, the Alta X can fly for up to 10.75 minutes. Without any payloads, the Alta X has a 3.5:1 thrust ratio and up to 50 minutes of flight time. Please note that a battery, landing gear, camera, transmitter, and controller for the Alta X are not included.
No matter how you use the Alta X, the drone is engineered for easy transport and quick deployment. The propellers and arms fold to cut its physical size by half, and with just a push of your finger, you can expand the drone to full size. When expanded, the linkages stiffen the booms to help ensure accurate, low-vibration flight. A hard-shell travel case is included to protect the Alta X and accessories during transport and storage.
This Alta X bundle includes the Alta X Travel Case. This rugged, hard-shell case is the AL2727-1404 single-lid case made by Pelican. It’s constructed from lightweight, high-impact polyethylene with molded-in ribs and corrugations for secure nonslip stacking. Pelican also provided increased durability in the edges and corners by adding 20% more material in those locations. A custom-cut foam interior is precisely shaped to hold the default Alta X frame in its folded configuration, an optional Futaba 14SG remote, and optional Skyview landing gear. Other features include:
- Recessed hardware
- Built-in wheels and extendable handle
- Dual carry handles
- Molded-in, tongue-in-groove gasketed parting lines for splash resistance and tight seals after impact
- Positive anti-shear locks to help prevent lid separation on impact and reduce hardware stress
- Molded-in metal inserts for catch and hinge attachment points, which help provide strength
- FC flight modes: Manual, altitude, position, mission, loiter, orbit, and return
- Orientation lights mounted on boom tips
- Multicolor orientation lights: Red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, and off
- Propellers are carbon fiber-filled nylon
Be the first to review “FREEFLY Alta X (Aircraft Only with F9P GPS & Travel Case)”