JVC GY-HC500 Overview
JVC’s GY-HC500U Handheld Connected Cam 1″ 4K Professional Camcorder is a UHD 4K camcorder that shoots in both NTSC and PAL compatible frame rates and is designed to seamlessly work with both a traditional as well as IP workflows. It features a 1″ CMOS sensor and an integrated 20x optical zoom lens, while the camera can create a 40x digital zoom. The camera can capture in UHD, HD, SD, and you can record SD as proxy, recording up to 30p to the built-in media card slots or 60/50p to an optional SSD. The camera supports HDR by recording in HLG or JLog1 (10-bit).
The camera captures in various flavors of ProRes as well as MP4, and it is capable of streaming HD over IP via wired connection. The integrated 20x zoom lens features three manual control rings for iris, focus, and zoom. The EVF features LCOS technology and over 1.2 million dots of resolution, while the built-in flip-out LCD viewfinder is just under 4″ diagonally. The camera can live stream HD while recording 4K and outputting 4K via the HDMI output. It features IFB and return video over IP as well as auto FTP so your video files transfer automatically. It has 2 x SDHC/SDXC card slots and features a slot for an optional SSD for capturing UHD at 60/50p.
- High performance 1080 60/50p live streaming (4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS for reliable, quality streaming (v0110)
- Facebook Live streaming with secure RTMPS protocol (v0110)
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20 Mb/s
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- HEVC/H.265 encoding for streaming with 50% reduction in bit rate or contribution quality
- 4:2:2 10-bit streaming at up to 24 Mb/s (via optonal KA-EN200G)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
Be the first to review “JVC GY-HC500U Handheld Connected Cam 1″ 4K Professional Camcorder”