the Panasonic HC-X1 Ultra HD 4K Professional Camcorder. Featuring a large 1″ type 4K sensor, the HC-X1 is capable of recording video in DCI (4096 x 2160) as well as UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K resolutions. You can also record 1080p in VFR (variable frame rate) in 10 increments from 2 to 60 fps, as well as record HD video in a super-slow-motion mode at a frame rate of up to 120 fps.
Whether producing event or ENG-style videos, or even a short film, the 20x optical zoom power of the lens starts from a wide 24mm equivalent FOV for shooting in tight spots or grabbing impressive establishing shots, and it extends out to 480mm equivalent FOV for getting in tight on far-away subjects. At longer focal lengths, the 1″ sensor facilitates background blur reminiscent of larger professional cinema cameras, enabling dramatic compositions without sacrificing versatility found in a compact, handheld form factor.
While 4K video formats may seem daunting, the HC-X1 manages to record them onto convenient SD cards (U3-rated or faster cards are required for video bit rates above 100 Mb/s) that are both small and robust. Two card slots are provided for increased flexibility. You can record to both cards simultaneously, either for backing up or recording high and low bit rate files or enable relay recording to capture a single file that spans multiple cards for longer recording times.
Ergonomically, the HC-X1 features a familiar handheld camcorder body with plenty of customizable control buttons for quickly accessing essential functions. When handheld, the sharp OLED EVF is within easy reach. Alternatively, a 3.5″ touchscreen is offered for monitoring and menu control. Waveforms and scopes can be displayed to aid in exposure control. Atop the handgrip sits a large zoom rocker for precise zoom control. Lens functions can also be controlled manually using the three lens rings, one for focus, one for zoom, and one for iris. A 5900mAh battery for powering the HC-X1 is included, along with a charger, and a power supply for fixed-position operating.
- HD: Gamma setting suitable for HD video
- SD: Increased gain in darker areas more than HD
- FILMLIKE 1: Reproduces more highlight areas compared to HD
- FILMLIKE 2: Reproduces more highlight areas compared to FILMLIKE 1
- FILMLIKE 3: Reproduces more highlight areas compared to FILMLIKE 2
- CINE-LIKE D: Gamma setting designed to create cinema-like images
- CINE-LIKE V: Gamma setting designed to create cinema-like images with enhanced contrast
- STILL-LIKE: Gamma setting to simulate images captured with still cameras
- Lens control rings: Individual rings for focus, zoom, and iris are available for precise control of lens functions.
- XLR audio inputs: Plug in your professional microphones for high-quality audio recording. Audio is recorded in either LPCM or Dolby Digital, depending on the video codec.
- High-resolution OLED EVF: With approximately 1,769,000 dots, the EVF provides a sharp image for focusing and judging exposure
- Slide-out touch-panel LCD screen: At 3.5″ in size, the panel can be retracted into the body for storage and rotated 270° for optimal viewing, and it is touch-sensitive for quick menu navigation.
- ND filters
- -3 to 24 dB gain range
- Auto, preset, and custom white-balance controls
- 4K-capable HDMI output
- Analog video output
Be the first to review “Panasonic HC-X1 Ultra HD 4K Professional Camcorder”